Thursday, February 10, 2011

EGYPT♥ There's happiness in sadness

10 FEBUARY 2011 (WEDNESDAY):            

        As stated in the previous post, day before yesterday was the last day of the evacuation. Right now, my mum isn't as busy as the past few days. But her phone still rings, of courseXD but still, not as often as before. See? Now her phone is ringing againXD

        In the past few days, as I said my mum was freaking busy, 24 hrs working. Added by lots and lots of problems. Everyone learned lots of lessons from this circumstance. I spent most of the day before K.Cik and the others will leave to Jeddah with her and the others. Ow..I miss Hanan junior♥

        So like, after the whole thing was settled, after all the students had been released safely to the airport, the MARA building was totally EMPTY. I never saw that building as empty as that moment before. O_O  After visiting Us.Ishak and his family for a while, chit chat and these stuffs..Here we come..HOME SWEET HOME!♥ It's been 4 days from that day since our house has been left without nobody:( 


        The curfew and also the protests are still ongoing. But the protests are kinda, not as active as before. As I said, they had already opened the bank again, businesses are carried on again as usual. Tanks can still be seen in most places and hell...the traffics started to be jammed again cause you know, people have started to go out and stuffs. But still, the protests are still ongoing till this moment. 


        That night, we had..jeng, jeng, jeng..

        MAGGI CUP!!!!!:D



        Hehe..SLLRRPPPP!! Ngee~♥ I've been eating it in MARA for the past few days cause it's been a year since I didn't(A) Oh yeah, and that night, on 11.00+ something, my mum discovered that she has a meeting in Cairo the next day=.=" Wow..we just got home on 18.00 p.m and now we have to leave it AGAIN on 6.00 a.m?-_- So that night..there goes the busyness again in preparing some stuffs for the meeting..=_=..


        God! I just remembered, it's been almost 2 month (maybe even more) since I didn't step these both legs in Cairo because of school, exams and blah blah blah..Huhu so here I come CAIRO! My parents planned to stay there for few days and yay! It's so much better than staying at home doing nothing== 


        As I recall back what happened in the first day of the protests till now, I just..asking myself, "Am I really awake?" I don't know..Like these protests just happened in a second. I really didn't expect there will be protests EVERYWHERE across Egypt as Egypt is not this kind of country before. I don't know..It was totally calm and suddenly these riots just popped out in no second. Suddenly millions of people had been covering Tahrir Sq. and suddenly almost a million people gathered in protests in Alexandria. There was this quote/words that I saw on a poster which says "Live for nothing, die for something." God..they had really insist to. I still remember what I saw in the news, on Friday like I said last time, they cut the internet and phone services to so called stop the protests from occurring but it did and people from all walks of life gathered in cities all over Egypt. I saw them burning the NDP (National Democratic Party) building in Cairo. Most of the police stations were also torched by fire. Other government's buildings were also set on fire. And oh yeah, I still remember how the protesters torched the polices' trucks with the intents wanting to push it into the Nile river (Egyptians are really strong). The protesters was and still defying the curfew (Why would they care about a crap called curfew?) 

        As prisoners ran away from prisons, crimes occur everywhere. Looting, robberies, rapping and so on..I even saw on the news, those criminals who were caught. Some robbed from Adidas as I can see the sport shoes that they stole placed right in front of them. Some robbed the banks and so on..Oh yeah..I remember about what happened to the National museum. Some the glasses which display those ancient stuffs broke. Some of the artifacts broke and so on. 


        Things got really out of control. The nation are even angrier than they were as President Mubarak addressed the nation past few days ago. The reason is simply because the whole thing he said in his speech wasn't at all what most of the citizens wanted to hear. He was like, "I will improve the citizens, help the poor, lead the country better" and these stuffs blah blah..I don't really remember the whole speech of course but those were some stuffs that he said. But the protesters don't even seem to care about what he said, at all. 

        There's one thing from my prospective, from these eyes of mine, which is really obvious when these protests and riots occurred since the past 16th days ago. The SOLIDARITY among the Egyptians people. Like seriously, they're really united with each other during the protests. The whole Egypt actually is.

        As curfew started, the armies and tanks on the streets, things got worse-r. The whole picture can be seen from the news. And so this, had made all the parents of the Malaysians over here really worried. So then, like I said, as our government decided to pick us up, the evacuation started. All the students who wished to go back, had safely arrived in Jeddah to transit there and some had even arrived in Malaysia. Only some who doesn't wish to go back are still here but some who wish to but don't have the chance to are also still here....UghXD

        Today's already the 16th day of the protests and also the 14th day=2 weeks of my mid-term vacation:(  This vacation is just ruined like that. Just hoping that the next days would be better than the ones before.              

        God..Just now I saw a news about what's happening in Kenya on Al-Jazeera. God..they're really suffering from the drought. Like seriously..I can't watch it..I'll get really sympathy..Sob, sob..;'( The world is really not in peace..

0 comments: